To make your course selling process as smooth and simple as possible, we integrate with the (free) payment processor Stripe.
It doesn't cost you anything to create a new Stripe account, and you only pay a small 2.9% + $0.29 fee with every sale of your course. This is industry standard for processing credit card payments (and we don't make any money off these fees!).
Note #1: If you were to take payment outside of Teachery using PayPal, Gumroad, Thrivecart, etc, they will all charge you similar processing fees just like Stripe does.
Note #2: For Recurring Payment Pages, the processing fee is just slightly higher at 3.4% + $0.29 for every charge in a subscription.
How to connect your Stripe account in Teachery
- Log in to Teachery >>
- Head to your Account Integrations page >>
- Scroll down to find the Stripe Connect area >>
- Click the "Not Connected - Connect Now" button and signup for a new Stripe account OR connect an existing Stripe account >>
- Finish the connection and you're all set! 🎉
NOTE: If you're running into any trouble after clicking the "Not Connected" or "Edit Connection" buttons, try visiting Stripe.com and logging in and out. Then come back to Teachery and try again.
🧐 A few notes about connecting your Stripe account
- You only need to connect your Stripe account one time (yay!)
- We only allow one Stripe account per Teachery account
- Payout schedule: Stripe will hold your money for 7 days for brand new accounts, and then you can change to daily transfers (do this in your Stripe.com Settings)
- You can, but don't have to, have Stripe send payment receipts (do this in your Stripe.com Email Settings)
- Stripe does not support Paypal payments
Watch our walk-through video on setting up Stripe in Teachery:
📌 Recommendation: Go through your payment page checkout process yourself before inviting customers to purchase
⚠️ When you go to make a real purchase of any payment page in your course, make sure to use an email address that is NOT your Teachery account email address.
We cannot stress this recommendation enough! If you want to see the exact experience your customers will have, purchasing your own course will show you the steps they will go through.
Pro-tip: Use an Incognito Window (Google Chrome) or a Private Window (Safari) to view your payment page URL. This will ensure you aren't logged in to your Teachery account.
Don't forget to refund your purchase! You can do this in your Customer Profile via the Customers page. 👍👍
A few advantages to using Stripe
We chose Stripe as our payment processor because they're an extremely reputable company. Their payment encryption is top-notch and they're always improving their platform and features.
Login to your Stripe.com Dashboard to:
- See granular data on every course purchase
- Easily see your revenue, net revenue, and revenue trends over time*
- Find failed course charges and reattempt purchases
- Use our Zapier integration to do even more fun things!
*Stripe has done a great job of showing sales and revenue data. While we show revenue data in your Teachery dashboard, we highly recommend using Stripe's reporting because it's so good!
We do not currently support built-in PayPal payments
If you're looking to use PayPal to sell your course, please read our Taking Payment Outside of Teachery help doc.