This is an advanced step in your course creation and course selling process. You will need to use our Zapier integration to make the magic happen.
Whether you're bundling your courses, trying to sell multiple courses to a customer with one purchase, or you want to create a membership site where your customer pays you a monthly fee and has access to your courses, here's how we currently recommend you set this up.
Step 1: Create a Master Course
What is a Master Course? Plain and simple, it's an additional course that organizes all your other courses in a nice, neat place for your customer. Creating a Master Course will give you a unique Payment Page that will be necessary for the Zapier step in this process (Step #4 below).
Your Master Course is also a great way to:
- Reinforce your brand and give your customers another touchpoint with you
- Create a nice user experience with quick access links to all your courses
- Add or remove courses quickly and easily
- Create an opportunity to learn what new courses your customers want
IMPORTANT: Your Master Course doesn't actually contain all of your other course lessons within it. Think of the Master Course like a dashboard for your customers to get quick access to your other courses. You could create multiple Master Courses if you have multiple bundles, course groupings, etc!
(This is a very simple mocked up Master Course using our Minimal Template. Learn more about our two course templates here.)
Step 2: In your Master Course, Use the Course Lessons to Link to Your Courses
You want to think of your Master Course as a simple dashboard for your customers to see all the courses they now have access to (after they purchase).
The Overview page of the Master Course (image above): Your customers will be able to see all the courses you've created that they can quickly learn more about.
The Lesson pages of the Master Course: Think of the lessons in your Master Course as descriptions of your other courses (Cool Course #1, etc, in the image above). Within each lesson you could add videos, photos, etc, but really all you want to do is link to that course for ease of access for your customer.
Links to use within Lessons of the Master Course: Once a customer has purchased your Master Course they'll have access to all the courses you choose (which we'll get to in Step 4). All you need to do in each Lesson of the Master Course is provide a quick-access link (simple text link) for your customers to navigate to the other courses. The simple link you should use is your main course URL with "/dashboard" on the end.
- If you're using a custom domain for your course, the link you would use for each course would be yourcoursedomain.com/dashboard
- If you're not using a custom domain, the link you would use for each course would be your-course-name.teachery.co/dashboard
EXAMPLE: Let's say you have four separate courses. Your Master Course (which becomes the fifth course) would probably have four Lessons that all have descriptions and links to each of your four course /dashboard URLs.
Step 3: Create the Payment Page(s) in Your Master Course
This is part one of where the magic happens. You want to create a Payment Page (recurring or fixed price) that a customer would use to purchase your bundle of courses. It does not matter if you use a recurring payment page* or a fixed one-time payment.
On the Payment Pages themselves, we recommend reminding your customers what courses they will get access to by purchasing.
*If you are using a recurring payment page and wondering what happens if a customer cancels their recurring payments, you would need to manually go into their Customer Profile in Teachery and revoke access to all the courses (this will take you no time at all!)
Step 4: Use our Zapier Integration to Zap Customers into all Your Courses after a Successful Purchase of the Master Course
This is part two of where the magic happens! You will need to activate our Zapier Integration for your Teachery account (don't worry, it's just one link you need to click). It will be handy to have our Zapier Integration help documentation during this setup process too.
Here's the explanation of how this Zap is going to work:
- A customer purchases your Master Course through one of your Master Course Payment Pages.
- The successful purchase goes through your Stripe account (like any normal course purchase).
- The Zap (we'll setup in a moment) see the Stripe purchase of the Master Course and zaps your customer into all courses you choose to zap them into.
- Your customer gets Welcome Emails for the Master Course as well as any courses that were included.
Here is how you setup the Zap for your Master Course:
Zapier step #1: Your first trigger is Stripe >> New Charge
- We recommend having at least one purchase of your Master Course done ahead of time so you have test data to use in this step.
Zapier step #2: Your section trigger is to add a Filter. Press the plus (+) button between the Zapier triggers (in the left column). Make sure you choose "Filter." Choose Only continue if... Then in the input fields, which pull from your Stripe data, select:
- First input box: Find "Description" (or "Statement Description" or "Statement Descriptor") whichever field has your Master Course Name
- Second input box: Select (Text) Contains
- Third input box: Type your exact Master Course Name (this is what you named your course in Teachery. You can find the exact name in your course editor >> Manage Options)
- Continue and save!
(Here's a screenshot of what the inputs should look like if the Master Course Name is in the Stripe data "Description", with your exact course name in the third input box)
Zapier step #3: Your next trigger is to add Teachery*. The only zap option will be "Add user to course." This is where you'll follow the steps in our Zapier Integration.
- NOTE: Think of this trigger as adding your customer to ONE of your courses. If you have four separate courses you want to add people to, you'll need to create four (total) triggers to Teachery.
*If you haven't clicked the activate link in our Zapier Integration documentation, Teachery will not be searchable.
Zapier step #4: Name your zap and turn it on!
(Here's what your Zap should look like. Notice the multiple Teachery triggers - one for each course. When your Zap is ready all triggers should have a green checkmark!)
Step 5: Purchase Your Master Course to accurately test the Zap
Grab one of your Master Course Payment Page links and open it in a new browser. Make a purchase of your Master Course (with an email that isn't your Teachery account email address) and watch the magic happen!
Remember: You will get Welcome Emails from every course you're zapping someone into. While these can seem like a lot of emails, feel free to remind your customer that this will happen and that the Master Course Welcome Email is the most important one.
Good luck and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!