To make your course selling process as smooth and simple as possible, we integrate with the (free) payment processor Stripe. It doesn't cost you anything to create a new Stripe account, and you only pay a small 2.9% + $0.29 fee with every sale of your course. This is industry standard for processing credit card payments (and we don't make any money off these fees!).
How to connect your Stripe account in Teachery
You can connect your Stripe account by going to your My Account page in Teachery or by going to any course editor and clicking the "Connect to Stripe" link in the top left.
A few notes about connecting your Stripe account:
- You only need to connect your Stripe account one time (yay!)
- We only allow one Stripe account per Teachery account
- Payout schedule: Stripe will hold your money for 7 days for brand new accounts, and then you can change to daily transfers (do this in your Stripe.com Dashboard)
- You can, but don't have to, have Stripe send payment receipts (do this in your Stripe.com Dashboard)
- Stripe does not support Paypal payments
Watch our walk-through video on setting up Stripe in Teachery:
A few advantages to using Stripe
We chose Stripe as our payment processor because they're an extremely reputable company. Their payment encryption is top-notch and they're always improving their platform and features.
Login to your Stripe.com Dashboard to:
- See granular data on every course purchase
- Easily see your revenue, net revenue, and revenue trends over time*
- Find failed course charges and reattempt purchases
- Use our Zapier integration to do even more fun things!
*Stripe has done a great job of showing sales and revenue data. While we show revenue data in your Teachery dashboard, we highly recommend using Stripe's reporting because it's so good!
We do not currently support built-in PayPal payments
If you're looking to use PayPal to sell your course, please read our Taking Payment Outside of Teachery help doc.